Persons aged 0 – 15 years are considered children in the registration of Lagos State residents initiative and as such are not required to have their bio-metric data captured until such time when the age of 16 years is attained.
For inclusion in the registration process, parents.guardians of children must present the following documentation to register a child:
- Birth certificate of the child to be registered (a copy will be retained by the registering officer)
- Two passport sized photographs of the child at the time of registration – one will be attached to the registration receipt and the other attached to supporting documentation presented at registration
- Copy of registration receipt of the person registering the child
- Details of parent(s) of the child (where the person registering the child is not the legal parent)
- Each child that is registered will be issued with a temporal registration card with their photograph attached. This should be retained until a permanent card is printed.